I really have no reason for blogging other than the fact that I feel that I haven't been very good about blogging lately. Mainly I haven't been good at taking pictures lately and hate posting without pictures... I hate to bore all of you but then I realized this blog is mainly for me and my journaling... so sorry!!! Anyways... so here is an update! This week was Ryan and mine 1 year anniversary living here in Atlanta!! Can you believe it?? That means it has been a year since we graduated... and a year that we have lived with my in-laws and it has just flown by. Surprisingly Ryan and my relationship has grown stronger despite the fact that we have so much less privacy. We love our daily routines and our weekends together and with family. I love how close I have become with my in-laws and can honestly say that I am going to be really sad when we move out... in August!!!!! That's right we are getting into our own place in August and I am so excited to finally buy some furniture and decorate! My mother-n-law has given me some great ideas and we can't wait to start after all the wedding planning and open houses this summer.
On another note, I loved working at the dentist office even though it was a short amount of time! I loved the people and learning things I never thought I would. It paid great and prayers were heard! As for my real job... I love it and I am up to 23 students... I can't believe it. I still drive to their houses but when we get into our own place they will come to me :) Ryan is loving his job and hasn't had to travel too much lately. Our callings are great and I love my YW more and more everyday.
And lastly, I just felt that I needed to write my thoughts out on how close I have become to my Heavenly Father in the past year, from praying that my dad would survive cancer, that Ryan would find a job, and that we can get pregnant. All of these trial have/are bringing me so close to my Savior. I love this quote I found about some pioneers recounted my David O'McKay, "We suffered beyond anything you can imagine and many died of exposure and starvation, but... [we] came through with the absolute knowledge that God lives for we became acquainted with Him in our extremities." I know that He lives and loves me, my husband, and future family. What a great year here in Atlanta... it wasn't what I expected but truly the best outcome... closer to my husband and closer to my Heavenly Father.
Sorry that was so long and deep and way too personal.. but I feel that my blog is a lot of fluff and of our vacations, sometimes there needs to be a post to bring us back to the true meaning of life.
2 comments:
Oh Brittany! I love you so much!! You're a wonderful friend and I am so happy about this post. It is wonderful to look back on life and realize that there were many great moments. The moments we tend to forget about when life is not going the best. It'll be fun to see what will happen with you and Ryan in another year!! :)
Can it ever be to personal? Come on now. I love it! You should probably call me back since I missed your call and then you missed mine because it's been way too long since we talked. Lame. Anyways, congrats on all the students and on moving out! I want to hear all about it! Miss you!
Post a Comment