10 August 2010

Boy or girl??

I need to give you a little background before you see all of these pictures. About 2 weeks ago I experienced a little scare. I was 18 weeks pregnant and had some blood and cramping. Surprisingly I was fairly calm but still wanted to get an ultrasound done the next day. That night while I couldn't stop thinking about what if something happened to the baby... Heavenly Father sent me a little tender mercy and let me feel my baby move for the 1st time. What a spiritual experience for me. The next day Ryan and I headed to the doctor's and saw our baby strong and healthy. What caused the bleeding was a growth spurt with the baby which caused some tearing in the placenta. The doctor told me to stay off my feet for the weekend... problem we were moving so I did what I could. At the ultrasound they asked if we wanted to know the sex of the baby... we looked at eachother and said.. we do but we promised our families that they could be here next week for our scheduled ultrasound. They didn't know if my doctor would let me have another ultrasound so they took a picture and put it in a sealed envelope with big letters... "GENDER!"... written on it. We left the office with this envelope in my hand.. of course we wanted to look at it but knew that if we could wait 5 more days we would be able to share the experience with our families. We did just that... we didn't peak! Before you think that I am some amazing woman with self control, I made Ryan take it to work and hide it! Last week my mom came late Tuesday night and my in-laws drove through the night from their trip from Vegas to make it to my ultrasound on Wednesday. We were in the ultrasound room and my little midget was moving around like crazy and even arching the back... it was crazy then my doctor said.... I of course didn't believe her at all! I had been telling everyone that I was having a boy and I just knew it. I had dreams and only imagined what a boy would look like.. not a girl. My fam laughed and we were all so excited. After the appointment I still didn't believe it so we went and got the envelope, opened it and sure enough.. we are having a little girl. Her name will be Avery Paige... as of right now and of course grandparents are already spoiling her! After the appointment my mom took me, brooke, and summer out to California Pizza Kitchen and then we went shopping and bought the girliest outfits ever. Every time I walked into a store though I would almost walk to the boy section because I was still in shock that I am having a girl. Don't get me wrong though.. I couldn't be more excited to be having a girl! The next day my mom and I searched the internet and went shopping all over town to find the bedding that I wanted. I have decided to make Avery's nursery theme, cupcakes and ice cream cones! It will be the pinkest, girliest room ever and we can't wait to meet our little wiggle worm... did I mention that she dances everytime my students play the piano and loves to wake up momma while I'm sleeping... I love her already! More pictures to come of my momma's visit here in the ATL!

8 comments:

Brooks and Heather Lively said...

SOOOOO cute! I was just telling Brooks the other day if we have a girl I want to do a cupcake themed room! If I ever have a girl will you be mad at me for doing a cupcake room? Congratulations!! I am so excited for you! You guys are going to have the cutest little girl ever!

Heather Curtis said...

Oh my! Sweetcush- I am so pumped for your little girl. She will be prime age for either of my boys :) That would be awesome if they married because I already know your little girl will be dang cute and amazingly spiritual because of her wonderful mother. I miss you! We need to see each other again sometime! You look beautiful in your pics- your baby bump is so small and cute. And I LOVE your new place and decorations for the baby room and such. I'll have to visit someday. :)

Heather Curtis said...

PS. I don't know if you ever got the new website for my new blog- I sent it to your old email but I don't know if you even use that one anymore. It is: www.thecurtisfamilylife.blogspot.com
You should check it out!

The Hamricks said...

Congratulations! I am sooo excited for you! Buying stuff for a girl is way more exciting...there is a way better selection practically everywhere you go...

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh Brittany, cute cute cute! I'm so excited for you to have a little girl! She's going to be so precious! I remember the first time I felt Cade move. One of the coolest things in the world huh?

That bedding so so freaking adorable !I want a cute room like that for my little girl!... I guess I have to get one first... :)

Sabs said...

wowzeers! i gotta catch up on all your posts!
1. yay for girl cousins!
2. you 20 week baby bump is freakishly small
3. I love love love your place! can i come over?
4. i seriously did not recognize you in the wedding pics! blonde straight hair! i kept thinking, "no that's not britt, but why would some other girl be in pics with ryan and mom and dad?"

5. love the entertainment center:)

6.um i love you?!

Laura and Chris said...

yay! i love that you are having a girl! congrats! can't wait to see pics of the finished room!

Aimee said...

Holy cow your going to be a Mommy! And it's a girl. Yay!