Well I went with my sis' advice and went and got a pedicure with Summer on Friday. On the way there we sang Mariah Carey's "All I want for Christmas" and dedicated it to Avery and lo and behold I went into labor the next day! On Saturday the 18th Ryan and I decided to really get things ready for Avery to come. We cleaned the house, organized, and finished packing our hospital bag. We were watching the BYU bowl game and eating chips and salsa when I realized that I had been having contractions all day. I finally started timing them and they were 4-6 min apart. I didn't think anything of it at first because I wasn't really in pain. After 2 hours I decided to just go to the hospital just in case. When I got there I was at a 4 and 80% effaced. They said that I would be having a baby soon. I was shocked and kind of in denial but soooo excited!! They told me to walk for an hour. So Ryan and I walked around the hospital when we got back after only 45 minutes I was dilated to a 7. I seriously was still so happy and surprisingly I was really calm and not in tons of pain. Of course I still told them I wanted an epidural for delivery. They gave me the epidural and the 1st one didn't work so they had to do it another time...bummer. After that they broke my water. This whole time I was smiling and joking...totally not what you see in A Baby Story on TLC. The next time they came to check me I was at a 10 and more than ready to push. I pushed for 30 minutes and our angel was here! I cried the first time I saw her. It is just so amazing to hold your own child for the 1st time and realize that she was just with Heavenly Father. What a miracle. She was born at 12:58am December 19th. She was 6lbs. 7oz and 20 inches long. The hardest part was after the delivery I ended up getting a temp. of 105 and they wouldn't let me leave the deliver room until 5am to be with Avery. Recovery has been great for me and I just feel soooo blessed that for a 1st time I can be feeling so good! Avery is healthy as can be and did I mention cute as can be? We are soooo in love and we can't stop staring. Unfortunately Ryan has had to work all week but every time he comes home he just loves on her the rest of the night! She is so yummy! We are so excited to have her here for Christmas and to be with family. The Cushmans are so in love with her and have been so supportive during the whole thing. Thanks for all the help! I can't wait for Kaylie, Jonathan, and my parents to come. HURRY UP!!!! We feel so blessed and so in love and extremely grateful for the many blessings that have poured out upon us. Enjoy the millions of pictures...I couldn't decide!
10 comments:
SOOOOOO CUTE!! I can't get over how cute she is! Way to go Brittany and Ryan! hehe. Love the pictures! Makes me want to hop in the car right now and drive to Atlanta!
oh man there can NEVER be enough pics!!! i love her! esp the one with her mouth open! and i giggle at the one with ryry in the background with a funny smile:) heehee. miss you!
Congrats! She is adorable!
What an incredible labor story you lucky girl! She is as cute as can be!!! What a great Christmas present!!!
Sooooo precious! My favs are the yawning and smiling pics. Too cute! I'm so glad you had such an amazing delivery. You deserve it and so much more after everything you've had to go through to get here. We love ya and are so excited for you guys. P.S. The magic traveling pants are awesome post delivery too.
Oh my gosh Brittany! She is so beautiful! I just want to squeeze her! I can't believe it will be so long before I actually get to meet the little gem :( Keep posting pictures! I LOVE the one where Avery is yawning :) SOOO cute!
Brittany she is darling!!! Congratulations, I am so so happy for you and Ryan! Can't wait to see more pictures!!
Congratulations! That is so exciting. She is beautiful. Hope you all are doing well.
I couldn't believe it when I got your text! So amazing! Babies are just so perfect and wonderful- pathetic, but I get teary eyed just thinking about it. They are most certainly work, but just so innocent and beautiful. I wish I could see her in person. I am so happy for you. I already know you are a great mother and Avery will be the best dressed and cared for girl in town! I love you Sweettush! Coungrats!
Congratulations!!! She's adorable!! And it sounds like labor/delivery went well!... that's so awesome. Oh and I wish I looked that good after giving birth! Ha ha. You have yourself a gorgeous family! :)
Post a Comment