15 December 2010

The True Meaning of Christmas

About a year ago my bishop gave me a blessing saying that I would be like Mary and carry a child...I just didn't realize that it could literally mean that I would have a baby on Christmas day. At first when I found out Avery's due date I was annoyed
but now I couldn't think of a better time to have a baby. I know she will hate it, but we will make it fun for her! Anyways, this year I have really been focusing on the Savior's birth and what it must of been like for Mary. I seriously don't want anything for Christmas...which is a first...except for my baby to be in my arms and healthy. It's amazing to think that this baby will be perfect and has recently been with our Father in Heaven and now I'm going to have the responsibility to get her back to Him. Last night Ryan and I were asked to play Mary and Joseph for the ward. We had a great time telling all the children our story of traveling to Bethlehem. I kept joking with everyone how funny it would be if I actually went into labor and scared all the primary kids! haha Anyways it was a great way for Ryan and I to take the time and focus on what matters most. Merry Christmas everyone!

3 comments:

Sabs said...

actually that is pretty realistic to still have the belly after you give birth..props to you:)

My friend's hubby has a bday on the 26th. She puts up bday stuff on the Christmas tree to make him feel special. Wouldn't Avery just love that? I know she would. We're already tight like that. AHHHHHhhhh i seriously can't wait for her to get her. "All i want for Christmas is my 2 little nieces!" oh ya and ty too:) heehee.

Justin and Lindsay said...

That's a really cool story. Thanks for sharing. I can't believe you're so close! You'll be such a great mom!

Darren and Brandi said...

I seem to recall you playing Mary before now... who knew you'd actually get to play her when you are "great with child"??? :) Can't wait for that little girl to get here!!!