Ryan and I struggle with coming up with good and cheap date nights so we usually grab a bite to eat and then come home and watch netflix...but I was getting bored with always doing the exact same thing. So, my mom gave me the brilliant idea of having date nights themed each week with a letter of the alphabet. Each time we have date night we will alternate who is in charge of planning the date. Last weekend was my turn to plan A activities. We couldn't do date night on our usual night, Friday, cause of my recital so we tried to squeeze it in on Saturday which was a little crazy because I had a bridal shower, did Breck's hair for prom and we went shopping but we still managed to get in a little date night at home. So I broiled Artisan bread in the oven with white American cheese and Avocados. (I also added spinach and tomatoes but those don't start with A :) Ryan then read stories to Avery...is that too much of a stretch?...while I made Apple crisp. We then put Avery down to sleep and while the dessert was cooking we played Archery on the wii, where Ryan kicked my bootie! Then we watched the new Alice in Wonderland (weird movie...not too sure I liked it) while eating our Apple crisp. It was too much fun to think of simple and cheap activities. Ryan and I have been getting so excited to plan different date nights...can't wait till this weekend for B!
Colonies Easter Eggstravaganza
4 years ago
4 comments:
I want you to make me that Apple Crisp when I am there! It looks very delicious!
super duper cute! um don't you mean ryan kicked your A ? :) teehee com'on lets stick with the theme now:)
Ha Ha. I totally thought the same thing as Sabrina! Too funny. Your date night plan is a good idea to change things up a bit. I'll admit that our date nights are lacking as well. All I ever want to do is go out to eat which rarely happens because it is so dang expensive, especially with a babysitter. So instead we watch a show or work on our own projects (doesn't qualify as a date). Oh, and thanks for the Christmas baby encouragement. I am a little worried, especially because my mom will be in WA with Amber who is due 4 days before me. Crazy!
That is brilliant! I am definitely going to have to start this with Darren! How fun! Now I can't stop thinking about activities to do that start with different letters :)
Post a Comment