02 February 2012

A Month Dedicated to Love

I have to admit, I usually don't get overly excited for Valentine's Day.  I think there is a lot of hype and high expectations.  This year I am too excited.  We will have a special visitor here...my mom!!!!  I have realized that Valentine's Day isn't about the flowers, gifts, and chocolates, it is about the people you love! Every year my parents celebrate Valentine's Day together, celebrating my dad being cancer free because 5 years ago, on Valentine's Day, he had surgery for Prostate Cancer and my mom sat by his side at the hospital.  They celebrate their love and life together.  For Christmas, my dad surprised my mom with a trip to come and see me during Valentine's week.  What a true act of love for my dad to sacrifice their special day together so that I could have my mom here. My goal, especially this month is to be more loving and giving.  To tell all of my loved ones how much I love them and how much they mean to me.  To get into the spirit, I decorated with lots of pink and red.  
Happy month of love!





(actually...I keep this one up year round...i just love it!)

4 comments:

Kaylie and Jonathan said...

I just always love all of your decorations!! & that bottom picture is so cute! I love that! & I bet it looks awesome in your kitchen with the color scheme going on!

Brandi Litchfield said...

super cute! i should probably get some valentine decorations...

Candice Beth said...

Hello there! (you left a comment on my blog awhile back, i am Brooke's cousin) your little girl is adorable! I love your house decorations. Question.. where do you get your cute little framed signs (for each holiday) do you print them yourself? Love them!!

Xo
Candice

Candice Beth said...

Thank you so much! I think they are super cute! Thanks for your help! :) to bad you guys live so far away... Avery and Addie would have fun on a play date! :(