I'm not one to randomly tell people that I don't feel well and complain openly on my blog, so there is a reason for this post other than just talking about my health. So, here it goes...
The last 2+ months I have been struggling health wise. I have not been the same person. I lack energy and enthusiasm, I let Avery play by herself a lot, and all I want to do is sleep. I thought it was just my Crohn's flaring up, but after several tests, they found out that I have contracted a fairly rare bacteria called Clostridium Difficile that has been causing me to be sick. Well, my dr. put me on these strong anti-biotics and upped my Crohn's medication. I have felt extremely weak and nauseous the last few days. I was up most of the night with some lower abdomen pain and around 7am, Ryan gave me a blessing and then I decided to go to the hospital. Once there, they were able to use an IV to pump my body with lots of needed fluids and some medication. After some tests, the doc came back and began to tell me that the pain is from how swollen my insides are. They also said that the medication is too strong for my body. After giving me some new medication to help with the pain and nauseousness, we were free to go.
I don't know if anyone else noticed this at conference, but I felt that quite a few talks talked about health and our bodies. Amazing how we can each find our own treasures in conference. One that truly touched me was President Eyring's talk: Mountains to Climb. "Many of you are now passing through physical, mental, and emotional trials, that could cause you to cry out..." He continues to say, "If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble." My favorite part was when he shared the story of his mother fighting cancer for 10 years and then finally passed away. President Kimball spoke at the funeral and said, "Some of you may have thought that Mildred suffered so much because of something she had done that required the trials. But no, it was that God wanted her to be polished a little more."
That makes this "mountain" I am climbing, seem a little more reasonable, because hopefully in the end, I will be "more polished" because of it and be more like my Savior. I hope and pray that each of us can have that enduring faith to climb our own "mountains" and become more refined in God's eyes.
I love you all and never give up!
That makes this "mountain" I am climbing, seem a little more reasonable, because hopefully in the end, I will be "more polished" because of it and be more like my Savior. I hope and pray that each of us can have that enduring faith to climb our own "mountains" and become more refined in God's eyes.
I love you all and never give up!
4 comments:
Oh Britt, I'm so sorry! It's crazy how much I don't hear about your health problems... you never complain! I hope the medicine starts to work and I'm glad you were able to feel the spirit and the love that Heavenly Father has for you during this conference. Love and miss you! Hope you feel better soon!
Britt, I can not even begin to explain what a strong woman you are, this is so humbling and quite a shock because everytime I have ever seen you, you radiate with love and compassion for those around you! HATS OFF TO YOU MY DEAR! Avery is such a lucky girl is so is Ryan. So inspirational and beautiful to take a talk like that to lighten the load and make things all seem worth it in the end.
Giiiirl I hear you! We are struggling health wise too, dang digestive systems!! Thanks for sharing your insights!
Hi Brittany! I just love following your blog! You have the cutest family ever! I wanted to express how sorry I am that you are going through a difficult time. I know that in the end it will only make you and your family stronger! I have to say that President Eyring's speech was my absolute favorite! How passionate and emotionally connected to the verses he was reciting was touching. Anyways, I hope you get better very soon!
Post a Comment