07 November 2012

A Sister's Surpise

My brother'n'law, Daniel, is fabulous! Back in August he called me and told me he would like to fly Avery and I out to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday in October! I of course jumped on that! I had been really missing my sister lately and was dying to see her.  The months following up to the surprise my sister repeatedly called me and complained that she wasn't going to get to do anything special for her 30th birthday...I had to play along:)  Daniel had everything all arranged and planned and some how kept it from her and the kids the entire time!  So on her actually birthday, October 19th, I flew in and Daniel drove me to the restaurant where Sabrina and all her friends were.  He was carrying a huge bouquet of balloons and then I popped out behind them.  She was sooo surprised!  We hugged, laughed, and cried!  Then Daniel took Avery and I enjoyed the rest of the day eating delicious lunch and being pampered/hurt (facial's are killers) at a spa.  The rest of the week was bliss spending time with her and my nieces and nephews!  



Saturday was spent watching soccer games, races, and eating yummy mexican food and ice cream!




Sunday was church, popsicles, and Madagascar 3!
Monday we got to go to my sister's in-laws pool...where the girls literally swam for 4 hours...they loved it!
This one is for you sis... word of advice don't put a heavy, rocking pool chair on land, and try to sit on it while your fingers are underneath...not a good outcome :)




Tuesday and Wednesday we did lots of birthday shopping!  The girls were exhausted...

We also got excited for Halloween and made festive cookies...

On Thursday, I convinced my sister to let the kids skip school and go to the zoo, Halloween style.  We had sooooo much fun!!








This picture makes me so happy...
Unfortunately, this sweet moment ended in tears when Avery fell to the ground, hitting her head on concrete.


Friday we flew home.
Now, I'm going to cry...I miss everyone so much! I hate that I don't live close to any of my nieces or nephews!  I am so grateful to Daniel to make it possible and re-unite best friends again.  Sisters are the best and one of my greatest wishes is that Avery will be as blessed as I am, and have the best sister ever!

1 comment:

Brandi Litchfield said...

was that last sentence a hint??? :)