30 June 2009

Thank You Thank You Thank You

Thank you all so much who kept my family in your thoughts and prayers. As previously mentioned on my father's day post... my dad is now fighting colon cancer. Last week was the hardest week of my life. We were all waiting for my dad to go into surgery on friday to get a part of his lung removed to see if the cancer had spread throughout his whole body. Everyday last week I think I cried at least once and felt sick to my stomach all day. I think my whole family felt the exact same way! Well Friday finally came around and I took half the day off. I got the call from my mom that my dad made it through the surgery and that the lump in his lungs was not cancer. I can't tell you how light I felt at that moment... a heavy burden lifted. I didn't know whether to cry or laugh... so I did both!! I love my daddy so much... he means the world to me. He is being so tough after his surgery!!! Now next week he still has to get major surgery on his colon. He has to get 2 or 3 feet of intestine taken out. Poor guy!! But I have never felt so grateful to my Heavenly Father in my whole life. Just last night Ryan and I read a talk about faith and prayer by Pres. Monson for family home evening. I love when he wrote "There is no more beautiful sight in all this world than to see a family praying together. There is real meaning behind the oft-quoted- The family that prays together stays together." Even though I wasn't with all of my family... we did do a fast and prayer for my dad and I felt so close to my family even 100s of miles a way. I never want to go another day again without telling my parents that I love them and never go a day without praying to my Heavenly Father thanking Him for my family and friends. Thank you!

4 comments:

Meg said...

Brittany, I'm so sorry to hear this. My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.

Sabs said...

amen sista! love you tons and tons

ALIX said...

Brittany,
I am so glad to hear this about your dad. I love you dad too and your family is always in my thoughts and prayers. Love you girl.

msweetwood said...

Brittany,

I'm sorry I did not see this and the Father's day blog until today. Your heart has always been tender and true and I'm the most blessed Father in the world to have you as my daughter. I'm so proud of you and love you.

Dad