29 October 2010

Da Da Da Happy Birthday!

Yes the title of the post is from Cinderella and that is what I say to all of my family members when it is their birthday. So now I get to say it to me, "Da Da Da Happy Birthday"! I had a fabulous 24th birthday! It's amazing how birthdays become so much less meaningful when you get older. For example I get way more excited to give someone a present on their birthday then I do to receive gifts now. In fact on my birthday yesterday, I bought Ryan's birthday presents. Now I have to wait a whole month to give them to him!! On Wednesday momma Cush took me out shopping and then we met up with papa Cush to eat lunch at Panera Bread...delicious! On Thursday, my actual birthday, I went to the doctor's, then met up with momma Cush again to do a little more shopping. Then I spent 3 hours shopping all by myself. Which surprisingly is really enjoyable and relaxing. I came home to flowers and a yummy cupcake left on the front door from my yw pres. Then Ryan came home and I opened gifts from him. He totally spoiled me this year, he got me 2 pairs of boots and then..... surprised me with a Kitchen Aid that he got for a sweet deal on Ebay. I have been wanting this for forever!!! Then we went to Red Robin... yum! Came home and split that delicious cupcake while watching Survivor and Modern Family. Even though it was a very simple birthday, I loved every minute of it! On Sunday I get to enjoy a birthday dinner with the in-laws too! Thank you to all who made me feel so very special on my birthday and especially to my parents who brought me into this world 24 years ago!
(Yes, Ryan refused to take a normal picture of me with the cupcake, he took like 10 pictures of me just laughing. This one captured the youthful side of me... I look like I am a pregnant 15 year old!)

4 comments:

Aaron and Megan said...

Looks like your birthday celebrations went well! Happy Birthday again!

Darren and Brandi said...

haha yes, in fact you do. that's hilarious! hope your birthday was wonderful! wish i could have shared it with you! miss you!

Heather Curtis said...

I love your scarf. Happy Birthday! We are getting old! Sheesh! I hope being 24 has continued to be absolutely amazing for you! I miss you! I love you sweetcush!

Sabs said...

haha like i said i think you just got food for your bday:)