25 October 2010

Saturday is a Special Day

Have I mentioned that I love Saturdays?? I love actually doing something with my life since the rest of the week I am so lazy and worthless haha. I love being able to spend tons of time with Ryan too since that doesn't happen during the week anymore. This Saturday was packed. First we went to the pumpkin patch. What we didn't realize was that there were a ton of festivals going on so it ended up taking 2 hours to get there because of traffic... grrr! Once we got there it was much better. It was gorgeous outside about 75 degrees but I wanted our pics to look like it was fall so we wore long sleeves... it was kind of hot! After taking pictures, picking a pumpkin and walking around we bought a yummy pumpkin roll and apple pie to eat on our drive home. The drive home was beautiful! Seeing all the colors on the trees while listening to good tunes with the windows rolled down... perfect! Then we quickly went home got changed and went to our ward Halloween party which is always fun! Then we got home and hung up Avery's lanterns and pom poms over her crib. To finish the night we ate candy and watched some college football. What a special day!
(The kid in the picture above was out to get us... he was always trying to be in the background of our pictures! And he managed to in a couple)
(What the heck are those green things? Anyone know?)
(Summer and her friends looked awesome in their Alice in Wonderland costumes)

5 comments:

Sabs said...

oooh love the pom poms, love the alice in wonderland costumes, love the kid lurking in the background...love saying lurking:)

Aaron and Megan said...

I wish we could find a good pumpkin patch around here. I have not had any luck yet. Closest thing is a local church has a bunch of pumpkins in the front of the building. Oh well. It was showing 85 degrees on my car today. I've had the same thought of wearing 'fall' clothes because it is the season, but it is still soooo warm out!
Love the crib decorations. I hope I will actually be able to see them once Avery makes her grand entrance!

Darren and Brandi said...

Brittany, those look so freaking cute! I LOVE it! I want them. You must teach me how to make them next time you come to Washington! :)

msweetwood said...

love it dad

Heather Curtis said...

That room set-up looks adorable! Avery is going to be one stylish girl rocking one stylish crib!
Robert Salmon is going to a conference in Atlanta tomorrow morning until Saturday. I don't know how close you are to there, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.
Wearing long sleeves in 75 degree weather sounds good to me right now because I have been practically crying today- the snow has begun. I hate the cold. Come back summer :(