26 November 2010

Keeping the Traditions Alive

I hope ya'll had a great Thanksgiving this year! We had a very relaxing day filled with food, family, friends, more food, laughter, and games! We went to our family friend's house again this year with Ryan's family and we loved it. It is so fun to have 20+ people all in one room, talking, laughing, and eating together. The food was divine! My contribution this year was again my mom's rolls and then...I made her rainbow jello for the first time. It was a great hit and added a ton of color! Thanks mom for the great recipes and traditions. Next year... maybe I will try making my dad's amazing pies... doubtful...but I can be hopeful right? Don't mind my ugliness in ALL of the pictures...lay off of me...I'm having a baby in a month.
Good-bye Fall!
Hello Winter! Never mind that it was 65 degrees at midnight. My sis-n-law Kaylie and I used to decorate my Christmas tree at midnight on Thanksgiving while listening to Christmas music for the first time of the season. (Specifically Mariah Carey!) This year she wasn't here...sad day... so I invited Summer and Connor over to spend the night. Summer and I had a blast listening to music and decorating my lil' Christmas tree. This year I spent my spending money on new Christmas ornaments instead of using my pink and purple ornaments from college...finally. We are very proud of our creation! We ended staying up till 2:30 decorating and now I am still exhausted and my feet are swollen balloons...totally worth it. Bring on Christmas!!!

2 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

You look so adorable! Oh my goodness! And I LOVE the grown-up ornaments! Congrats on moving up! :) Wish we could listen to Mariah Carey together...

Sabs said...

awe! so precious! your tree is gorgeous and i'm lovn your belly!