06 December 2010

Frohliche Sankt Nikolaus Tag

No I did not just type a bunch of random letters on the keyboard... it means Happy Saint Nicholas Day in German. I love this German holiday and I love that my siblings and I have carried out this childhood tradition into our own families now. It is so fun to have a German mom!! But every December 5th we put out our shoes and Sankt Nikolaus comes that night and puts candy or coal in your shoe. When you wake up in the morning you get to see what was left in your shoe...When Sankt Nikolaus is rich sometimes he puts other presents in the shoe...however this year...his pockets are a little light...so snickers bars had to do! Looks like Ryan and I are on his good list :)
On a side note...I only wish I could still fit in these beautiful heels...below is the result of wearing tights, shoes, and not having my feet elevated all day! I am now welcoming anyone who is willing to help cut my toenails and give me a pedicure...reaching these suckers to cut and paint is next to impossible these days. P.S don't judge me!

5 comments:

Ben, Erin and Tyson Sweetwood said...

Oh my! Your feet are going to have stretch marks:) You better be taking it easy!!

Sabs said...

oh no! poor thing! i will paint them for you!!!!

St. Nikolaus bought me in itunes gift card...guess he thinks i'm fat:)

Kaylie and Jonathan said...

Oh man! I wish I had known about St. Nicholas! How fun! And I'm so sorry to see your feet!!! If I was there I would give you an at home pedi! Although, I'm terrible at painting nails so I couldn't guarentee it would look good! But if your still like this when I get there, then I will pretty your feet up!

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh Brittany, I'm so sorry! Hopefully that's not painful... but hey, you don't need someone to cut and paint your toes... you have the perfect table right on top of your stomach. So just get that foot up there! ;)

Justin and Lindsay said...

I love that you know this tradition and celebrate it! I am a lot German and Milwaukee (where I'm from is very German) so everyone there celebrates it! I grew up going to school on December 6th and everyone had their stockings filled that morning! I was so excited to see someone else knows about it because no one in Utah does:)