After a depressing 2 days of both my favorite teams, Ohio State and BYU losing in March Madness, Ryan and I decided that we needed a fun weekend. We originally had planned on being in New Orleans on Saturday but that got nixed, then we were planning on going to Helen, Georgia. There are some pretty hikes, tubing, and a little European town with pastries and restaurants. I was excited to travel there but of course Saturday was horrible weather. All of a sudden it was in the 50s, rainy, and stormy. So....we decided to finally go the the Coca-Cola Factory. We have lived here for over 2 years and have never been! My bro and sis-n-law have gone twice and they have only visited and lived here for the summer! Thanks Brooke, you and Jordan have been our inspiration to getting out and actually do things! We had a blast! Avery was great and we got so much special treatment because of her. We got to go to all the front of the lines...people were asking us if we wanted them to take a picture for us...no joke. When someone was taking a picture of us, others would gather around and be like awwww...haha really people? Funny what kind of attention you get when you have a little pink midget attached to you. Funniest part of the day...we decided to go see the 4-D movie they had. I didn't realize it would be so rough. Avery was sitting on my lap and every time the seat moved she would get jolted vigorously, water sprayed on her several times, followed by strong bursts of air blowing on her face. During all of this she had wide eyes but never cried. haha oh the lessons you learn as young parents! We loved taste testing all of the sodas...there was a delicious green apple one from Asia...yummmm!! We just barely missed taking pictures with the polar bear...it was sad. From the Coke Factory we walked around Centennial Olympic Park and then we went shopping in Buckhead, which is high end shopping. I had a Crate and Barrel gift card and Bloomingdales gift card, both places I never shop at but thoroughly enjoyed buying really nice things for free. For example I got a t-shirt on the Clearance rack for 31$..that was the cheapest thing I could find...who has that kind of money?? Then we ate at Panera...my favorite! We both feel much better now after having a depressing few days of March Madness, don't judge... I know you are... but we are die hard fans ok?!
(Anyone recognize the couch? American Idol used it in 2005, wow my bum touched the same place that Carrie Underwood's bum did...I am practically famous :)
We didn't even ask anyone to take this picture, the people behind us were new grandparents from Boston and were in love with Avery and wanted to take a picture for us haha
Sunday Best
4 comments:
It took you that long to get to the World of Coke?! Crazy! We drove almost 6 hours and went ... hehe. She's a cutie!! I hope to be coming up to Atlanta in the next few months ... get ready!!
I am glad I could inspire you. :o) Next time, lets go together! I could go there once a year. (Jordan doesn't get why I love it so much) And then we will hit up Chicken and Waffles! Yum! We miss you guys, and can not WAIT to get out there and see you all, and especially Avery!
Oh Avery you are just sooooo beautiful! Did they give you free cherry coke? I'd totally drive just for that!
I didn't realize the coke factory was so much fun! We should have squeezed it in while we were down there!
Post a Comment