I remember struggling with Mother's Day for a couple of years...wanting to be a mom so badly. Don't get me wrong, I loved celebrating the wonderful women in my life but I struggled with not being a mom myself. This year, Mother's Day
was such a special day for me to appreciate Heavenly Father's gift to me, sending me one of His precious spirit children. I know that it was my divine calling in life to be a mother, I knew I would love it, but I didn't expect to love it this much. It is the best! To all those that may still be struggling to get pregnant, my heart goes out to you and I know that you are great wives and will someday be blessed with children. You will appreciate it so much more than you could imagine because you have ached so badly to be a mother. You won't take any day for granted.
And now to my 2 mommas.... Mom #1 (Momma Sweets) Thank you for marrying in the temple to an amazing man. Thank you for giving birth to me (seriously, quite the accomplishment)! Thank you for giving me 2 wonderful siblings. Thank you for raising me to want to be married in the temple and to one day become a mom. Thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for being goofy with me. Thank you for loving me despite my weaknesses. Thank you for loving my little family now. Thanks for being you. I love you! Mom #2 (Momma Cush) Thank you for giving me your son who I absolutely adore. I hope you know that I will ALWAYS love him, he is such a good man and the most amazing father and I have you to thank for raising him and helping him become who he is now. Thank you for letting me live with you for over a year! Thank you for being an amazing listener. Thank you for being there for me when I struggled to get pregnant (I know momma #1 appreciates this too). Thank you for loving Avery the way you do. Thank you for making me feel like I am one of your own children. Thanks for being you. I love you.
To all you wonderful women out there, Happy Mother's Day!
4 comments:
what a hottie!!! way to go making me look bad...writing a tribute to mom...oops. the videos stressed me out:)
So sweet! Avery is getting so big- I love the adorable picture at the top of your blog!
Thanks for your post Brittany!! :)
I'm so happy you got to have a "real" mothers day this year. You have been wanting it so long and it just makes me happy. Happy late mothers day!
Also, did you post like 10 times in the past day or did my blog list not tell me you updated your blog??
Post a Comment