We finally convinced my family to come to Panama City Beach for a Sweetwood family reunion. It was just my immediate family+grandparents. People traveled from Seattle, Idaho, Arizona, Texas, and Georgia to get to this reunion...it was all worth it!
We stayed in this beauty...
Acted crazy with my nieces and nephews...
Had welcoming parties for those who arrived a day late...



Had cousins in coordinating tutus and took lots of pictures(see post below of family pictures)...

The kids got stories read to them every night...

Took many rides on our golf cart...
Took bike rides every day...

Ate lots of food...



Spent endless hours at the beach...





Went to the pool...


????

Had a getaway from all the kids...

Hit a few more food places on the way out as my parents drove back with us to Georgia...
I am so sad this is over. For months there has been so much anticipation for this trip...now it is over. What makes this so hard is that we all live so far away from each other so when we can all get together at the same time, it is pretty special. My parents did a great job making this trip very organized yet still unscheduled. Each couple would make dinner one night, dessert another, and plan a devotional for another night. The devotionals would contain a favorite family memory and then a spiritual component as well. Having 6 kids under the age of 6 in one house was crazy...but I loved it!!! Wow I just miss my nieces and nephew so much! The last 2 days my sweet cousin came to stay with her husband and 2 kids. I haven't seen her in at least 10 years and it was great to re-unite! We also ended up finding a new beach to go to and we loved it!! Supposedly, it is the 2nd most beautiful beach in the U.S. The water was so blue and the sand white. There were some good waves too. The beach was way less crowded as well. The boys loved snorkeling and looking at all of the beautiful fish. The kids loved finding shells and building sand castles. The women loved sitting right on the water chatting. Every day was perfect. It was really hard to say good-bye to everyone and I am still in mourning. Disney Crusie 2013...here we come???? :)
3 comments:
Oh so very jealous! You really need to stop going to Destin or I might have a breakdown ;) Glad you guys had so much fun! I miss you!
We had a blast too! It was so great seeing everyone! We feel so lucky that we got to see everyone. I wish we lived closer. Love you!
Maybe you and I should go and play in the Destin area? Yeah, I think that would be fun. (Too bad I just missed you all last weekend.)
I miss your family!!! I love your parents!! Looks like you had fun ... as usual. :)
Post a Comment