10 November 2011

Chaos

I feel like our lives have been super chaotic the last month, but also super exciting. On October 27th, my parents flew in after a terrible day at the airport. The next day was my birthday. Ryan took off work and we spent most of the day packing and putting my parent's to work in the house:) We painted Avery's room, took a couple trips to "man stores", Ace, and Lowe's, bought me some amazing boots, and my dad built the most amazing book shelves for me that I found on Pinterest. They are made out of rain gutters, and I love them! A house post will come soon. After we worked all day, we went out to eat and watched BYU lose. We came back, ate cake, and packed.
(Avery helping me label boxes...)
Saturday: The big move! We had a lot of help from the ward, which was great. Funny story though, everyone was moving stuff out of the apartment so quickly that I didn't have time to do anything. At one point I was carrying something outside when I saw some little, bitty panties of mine just chillin on the ground. Awkward! I quickly picked them up but I am sure it was too late. Oh well...how else do these people think that Avery came to be:) Saturday was super crazy just trying to clean the apartment, move, and get everything done. My parents were seriously life savers! They did everything and without complaint. My dad moved from one project to the next. Seriously, I would put one decoration up and he had already painted a room, hung a chandler, etc. As it began to get colder that night, we realized that our heater wasn't working and we had no hot water and of course it was like the coldest night of the year. We didn't know that we wouldn't have these lovely amenities for another 5 days! (Yes we were stinking alright?!) That night we ordered pizza and watched the most intense OSU game where they beat Wisconsin! Sadly my dad had to leave Sunday morning.
Monday- Happy Halloween! Ryan took off work again. Fortunately we still had our apartment so we brought all of our shower stuff over and were finally able to take a warm shower. It was glorious. We seriously were feeling like we were on a glorified camping trip. In fact I washed my mom's hair with microwaved water....it was hilarious! We did some more unpacking/decorating.
-My mom made this beautiful Christmas quilt for me....no we did not hang it up...sheesh it was only Halloween! Although, if it was up to my mom, we would have!-
Then, we went out and my mom took some family pics for us with my dad's amazing camera! Another post will come soon, hopefully! After this we met up with the Cushmans, went out to eat (weird to do that on Halloween) and then came home. I bought the cutest costumes for our whole family this year for Halloween, however we didn't go to our trunk or treat so I didn't want to waste our costumes, so we will use them next year. So instead, Avery wore some of my old costumes. It was priceless. It was so fun handing out candy in our house and decorating my house with family at the same time.
The rest of the week my mom and I did work in the house, played, shopped, cooked, and took care of drama: aka a rat in the attic, getting our gas turned on, getting our water turned on after it randomly completely shut off. Seriously, I think we are cursed! haha no we just have had some bad luck and we had some errors in transferring our names to all of the utility bills. We are all good now though.
(Loving playing in the cupboards)
(Playing with Oma and Opa's Christmas present that we bought from our trip to IKEA)
(Reading books in the playroom)
(Playing with Oma in the guest bedroom)
Friday was our play day after I worked my mom to death all week. We went out to lunch and then bought my mom an adorable new outfit. We came home and baked some yummy pumpkin cookies in my amazing kitchen! Then we went out to Chinese with Ryan.
My mom was seriously amazing! She helped me laugh in stressful situations. She watched Avery for me, even saved her life when Avery decided to try to slide down the stairs...my mom caught her by the toe...no joke! She was amazing at decorating, cleaning, organizing, unpacking and shopping at Hobby Lobby:) Man do I love my parents and all that they do for me!
Wow this post is ridiculous, I don't blame you for only looking at the pictures!

5 comments:

ALIX said...

girl! i can't wait to see house pictures! that is so exciting! also, when i read about your little panties being exposed while moving i literally could not stop laughing! that is HILARIOUS! I miss ya girl! i'm glad everything is going well!

Alex and Whitney said...

You have such a great family! It looks like you had a very busy but exciting week! Glad you had so much help moving and I loved that you had an awkward moment. Every time I move I seem to have one. This last time I thought I was totally prepared and no blushing would be involved, then a few weeks later I noticed the ONLY thing that was missing was my church slip that was never taken out of my dresser! Maybe one of our movers wanted a souvenir...

Heather Curtis said...

I love looking at the little snippets of your house in the background of the pics. I can't wait until we see more! Everything looks so good! I am so excited for you! How amazing!

Lindsey said...

i LOVE LOVE LOVE your parents! Your house is looking beautiful!! So is Miss Avery!! Dylan can't stop staring at her:) Miss ya!!

Darren and Brandi said...

Oh my gosh, your house is adorable! I can't wait to see more detailed pictures of it! Maybe a video tour would be nice too ;) Avery looks adorable in your costumes!