28 January 2012

What's For Dinner?

I normally don't ever join any kind of group that my ward puts together because I don't want to ever leave my hubby.  But maybe having a baby changes you because for the 1st time in our marriage I was ok doing something without him.  I was invited a couple of months ago by 2 sisters (the ones in the matching aprons) to join their Dinner Club that they were putting together.  I used to work with them in our ward's YW program and since I have been in the stake, I miss hanging out with them so much!  Last Friday was our first  night...it was AMAZING! I laughed, stuffed my face with amazing food, and stayed out till almost midnight.  Is it weird that my best friends here are between the ages of 30 and 50? I love them so much.  We will meet 6 times a year...I wish it was more!  Each time there will be a theme and you are assigned to bring a different course.  This time was Family Recipes.  I had to make the main course, glad I got that one out of the way, I made Stuffed Shells. Their invitation was in a picture frame and we had to come back with a picture of us as a child in it.  While we ate the different courses we tried to guess who was who in the pictures.  They also bought huge binders with our names on it and put all of the recipes from that night in it.  I will be hosting in November and the theme is Pick an Ingredient From the Bag, so they will all have to make whatever they pull out of the bag...so glad I don't have to cook that night!  I am so grateful that they decided to include me in this group.  I love food and getting new recipes and I love being with these amazing ladies.  Can't wait till our next one!!!

2 comments:

DarrenandBrandiLitchfield said...

How fun! I want to be in the cooking group!

DarrenandBrandiLitchfield said...

Oh, and also I miss your stuffed shells. Maybe we should eat them at some point when you are up here this summer :)