For the past year I have been in the Stake YW Presidency and have gotten to see how much work goes into such events as girl's camp. It makes you really appreciate all the wonderful experiences we had as youth! We had the most amazing camp director called and she did such an amazing job! The theme this year was 'Rise Above', love that concept! Putting that aside, I had some insecurities going...
1. I'm not huge into camping, I don't hate it but I would never choose to do it. However, I do like parts of camping, ie: campfire, s'mores, singing, eating if only I could then just sleep in my comfy bed!
2. I have never been camping in GA...lots of bugs!
3. I feel uncomfortable with my age and calling, strange I know but hear me out. I still feel like I am one of the girls and on several occasions was mistaken as one so I began to religiously wear my "Stake Leader" name tag so not be confused. Yet, I feel too young to be in the Stake. I used to be in our ward's YW so I just want to hang out with all of the girls and leaders there but I am supposed to be visiting all of the wards.
4. Last but not least, leaving Avery.
It ended up being a great experience and I had a lot of fun! However, I got zero sleep even though I got to sleep in an air conditioned camper. At 6 in the morning on Thursday we were awoken to a crazy hail and windstorm, that was pretty crazy! All the priesthood brethren were amazing though and helped repair torn apart campsites. I was also asked to give a lesson called Boys 101...I had fun with the girls eating popcorn and discussing boys, boys, boys! I had a great time meeting other women and see how willing people are to serve, I have learned so much from them. I also loved spending time with Summer, which on a couple of occasions we were asked if we were blood sisters... and sometimes even I forget we aren't! Most importantly, I came back feeling closer to my Savior and a desire to be better every day.
(Stake YW Pres. + Camp Director)
1 comment:
what a perfect lesson for you to teach! i bet the girls loved it :)
Post a Comment