29 January 2013

"Go to Seattles Again?"

This was the question asked by my 2 year old as we were flying back home to GA on Sunday.  And yes for some reason, she adds "s" to a lot of words, like omas and opas.  We had a great time in Seattle with my parents!  It was so relaxing and we were spoiled as usual.  Avery loved to boss them around and loved all the attention.  
Our first full day there, Opa took Avery to McDonald's and played at home while my mom and I went to my good friend, Whitney's baby shower.  It was so fun to be with friends I grew up with and see them as cute moms now!




On Monday we were able to enjoy a day in the mountains.  Avery has never really seen snow or felt it so I though it would be fun for her to experience something a little different.  She wasn't too sure about sledding or walking on the snow but loved picking up snowballs and having Opa carry her around.  After walking around a little bit and admiring the beauty, we went inside and enjoyed some hot chocolate and some lunch a little later.  










During the week we went to a lot of yummy places to eat and some shopping.  Other days we enjoyed my mom's yummy cooking, story time, games, movies and treats! And some how I convinced my dad to make some yummy Almond Roca for me too, even though that is usually a Christmas tradition:) 





We were so lucky to have a couple days with Brandi as well!  My favorite was our planned date for Mr. Cade and Ms. Avery.  (Wish we lived closer!)
Ummm, can you say gorgeous?? I couldn't believe how big Blakely is getting!







Our last day there, I thought it would be fun to get sick from something I ate and throw up, boo.  So, while I relaxed at home my parents decided to take Avery downtown and to the Children's Museum... she LOVED it and is still telling me all about it!








 It was really hard to leave Sunday morning but we were so happy to see Ryan again.  This time was one of the hardest goodbyes because Avery was bawling because she was sad to say bye to Oma and then at the airport she kept asking "Opa, where are you?", thinking that he was just playing hide and seek.  Go ahead and rip my heart out Avery!  It's so hard to be far away from parents but it really makes our times together so very special!  Can't wait for them to come down here in a few months to see baby girl #2! Love you guys!

2 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

So glad we got to see you and finally let our kids have a date :) wish you could have stayed longer. miss you already...

Aaron and Megan said...

As always, it looks like you had a good time in Seattle. Wish I would have been able to see your cute pregnant self...and for you to meet my little man. Next time for sure!