I had to wait to write this post for a month because I had to let myself cool down after this frustrating experience! Sorry to anyone who chooses to read this but my sister told me to blog this story. So when I first moved to Georgia I thought I would be a good person and get a Georgia license within the 1st week of moving here. Ryan and I made the trip to the DMV and were friendly greeted by a man who said that my social security card and Idaho driver's license wouldn't work to get a new license. Apparently they don't believe my government issued social security card that my last name really is Cushman. They sent me home to get my marriage license. It turns out that I had just moved here and had no idea where I had packed it. A couple of weeks later I found it and decided to venture out again to the dmv.. this time by myself... bad idea. I went right before work and of course there were crazy lines and all sorts of weird, freaky people. I was rudly greeted by the front lady. I felt like I was having to ask a huge favor from this lady to get a license... geez did she forget that she does work at a DMV?? She looked at my marriage license for 5 minutes thinking it was fake or something then she didn't believe that I really lived here. What the heck! Some how I managed to get past her only to experience much worse. I got to the counter finally after my number was called and I was greeted by an elderly lady. She too looked at my marriage license for forever and then continued to fill my paper work out. I thought everything was going fine until she said.. well something isn't going through right and I am going out to lunch so I will pass your info. onto someone else. Great!! Of course I had to wait forever for someone to actually look at my info. again. I was greeted by another man who said... well looks like you won't be getting a license today. "What??? After all of that?" When I asked why he said that Idaho had issues with my previous license. He then began to question me... do you have a ticket you haven't paid... "No, I have never been pulled over before!" he then accused me that I must have been drunk driving.. do I look like the kind who would get plastered with alcohol??? He gave me a number to call. So I walked out of the DMV so mad!!! I called Idaho and found out that they had cancelled my license for some strange reason.. I got it cleared up and went right back into the DMV. I went to the same guy that I was with just 5 minutes before... he said he needed to take care of everyone else before me. Are you serious??? I finally got to the counter and he called Idaho to make sure I really cleared everythin up... like I would lie about that... that took 20 minutes! Then he was like ok... let's get your paper work. And to make things worse... he can't find my paperwork that he had just had! At this point I was so mad that I was almost crying becuase I was trying to hold back any mean words I had because I hate confrontation I even began to shake a little bit. After the whole office went looking for my paper work they found it in the W's.... since Cushman could be confused with Williams or Wood.... naturally... he filled out my paper work until he got to my marriage license and realized that the old lady that helped me before didn't even write down the right info. from my license. Ugh! Then finally everything was completed and the picture and payment only took 5 minutes. Needless to say... I never want to go to a DMV or move again! It was a horrible experience and I just felt that I needed to vent haha. At least now I can laught about it.
Colonies Easter Eggstravaganza
4 years ago
3 comments:
Britt! That is horrible! I am so sorry. I hate DMV's. I was married for 6 months before I went to the DMV to get my name changed. Oops!! Part of the reasoning for that is I wanted to keep my Washington residency and not be in Idaho. Plus I remember you mentioning something about cattle in the written test? Yeah, I was not too keen on that. I hope that Aaron and I don't move soon.
Brittany, that sucks! I'm sorry that that happened to you! I hope that things are going a lot better for you now...I don't like the legal stuff either
your sister is a wise person:)
Post a Comment