10 January 2010

Sacrifice Brings Blessings

Yesterday morning Ryan and I got up early.... went to bed at 1:30 the night before and got up at 5:45 to drive to Alabama to go to their temple since our temple is closed for 2 years. We got ready and headed to the church. It was 9 degrees outside and still icy so most people canceled to go to the temple but of course us being in Idaho for 4 years thought people were being crazy. All though I'm not gonna lie it would have been amazing to crawl back into my warm bed. We got to the church and only 3 other people showed up which was perfect because then we wouldn't have to drive! I slept the full 3.5 hours there and 3.5 hours back haha but I stayed awake the whole time at the temple! It was an amazing experience and a beautiful little temple! It's been hard having the temple closed because it takes more sacrifice to get to the temple. It makes me really appreciate how lucky I have been having a temple so close since I have been married! I can't wait until I can go back to the temple!

2 comments:

Darren and Brandi said...

Good for you guys! Keep up the good work!

Sabs said...

way to go sista! we're going this weekend and daniel thinks its a sacrafice bc he really wants to see Blind Side :)