10 January 2011

Two sisters, two babies, two bedroom apartment. two am feedings... best new year's ever!

Last week my sis' hubby took pity on her and found an awesome deal on a flight to Georgia. 3 days later on New Year's Eve these two lovely ladies met:) Haha check out the size! We had a blast just snuggling little Avery and slightly bigger Naomi, hehehe, eating, laughing, playing games, and watching football...
My sis and I made up this tradition to have "Chinese New Year" and eat Chinese food on New Year's Eve. We think we're pretty darn funny. We've manged to have Chinese new year 3 years in a row together now:) be jealous..very jealous.
While we were waiting for midnight we played Ticket to Ride aka "The Train Game"...i love it!
and Avery got wasted before midnight...
Uncle ryry and Naomi tickling the ivories Somehow I even convinced my dad to make his amazing apple pie* on New Year's Day. He was thrilled obviously if you can't tell by the pic...esp without a pastry blender. (*As a side note my mom made the amazing apple filling-Johnathan apples and lemon rind not juice...she just doesn't get all the pomp and circumstance we give dad because EVERYTHING she makes is delicious!)
The ladies pretended to be domestic.
The rest of the time we just chilled...
my cute parental units
this pic was of everyone yawning when Avery yawns...too bad my dad looks like he's actually going to eat her instead
which then lead to everyone getting the giggles...
I thought it'd be fun to take the wee ones out for a stroll. Too bad it was freezing!!!
We went to the Cushman's for dinner and Naomi took it upon herself to work off all the holiday calories for us.
We also managed to squeeze in a lunch date with one of the coolest people we know. Ashley and her adorable kiddos moved 15 minutes away from me so now my sis gets a bonus every time she visits :)

Wow if you made it this far through the post i'm impressed.

I was so excited that my big sis got to come and meet her newest niece. She was so sweet to return her sweet waffle maker from her kiddos for Christmas to afford flying here last minute. What a good sister! She is such an amazing sister and mommy. I love calling her for advice anytime! Now if Avery can live up to her amazing kids well behaved standards I will be happy:) I love you Sabrina and am so excited that I have finally joined the mother's club with you! No worries...Avery will never forget about you! Every time she smiles, I know she is thinking about you! :)

2 comments:

Sabs said...

heeehee this was written soooo well:) awe esp the end though for reals. you're so nice. miss that little snuggle bug of yours!

Vickers said...

Ok so Avery is adorable. I am so sad that I just got on and saw this when I could have been looking at the pics and reading about your new adventure for almost a month now. Well she is adorable! Congrats! I hope you are doing great! If you are ever in Idaho again let me know! It was so nice to see you several months ago! Miss you and give that cute little baby a kiss for me. They grow so fast!